Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Your Turnaround Time for Developing Super-8 Film..

  1. #11
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Talking

    Kodachrome 40
    Wal Mart
    Drop it off on Thursday night, they ship it out Friday, it will be back no later than the next Friday. 7-8 days.
    $4.88 a roll plus tax, loving it.

    Scott

    ------------------

  2. #12
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheung:
    Alex,
    I've tried but no help at all !
    Now I buy films from widescreen centre and Retro Entreprise in Japan. Everything is OK now !
    I 'll keep on shooting S8!

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Cool, do you mind sharing a link and info about Retro Enterprise?

    ------------------
    Alex

  3. #13
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hanthx:
    Kodachrome 40
    Wal Mart
    Drop it off on Thursday night, they ship it out Friday, it will be back no later than the next Friday. 7-8 days.
    $4.88 a roll plus tax, loving it.

    Scott
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Scott,
    which Wal Mart do you go to? I heard there was one in the Valley -- is that the one you go to?



    ------------------

  4. #14
    crimsonson
    Guest crimsonson's Avatar

    Post

    Plus X - 2-3 business Days
    Ekta - 3-4 business Days
    K40 - 8-10 business days
    Tri -X 2-3 Business days

    Profoto/Movielabs in NYC 31st Street between
    6th and 7th.

    $7-11
    Great customer service.

    I use the mailers for home type shoot. For projects I spend the extra 2-3 dollars.

    For mass development you can cut a deal with them to get cheaper by the roll.

    ------------------

  5. #15
    c_77
    Guest c_77's Avatar

    Post

    Well, I thought I was going for the world's longest film-developing-turnaround-time. It took seven weeks and one day to finally get my Ektachrome VNF, which I finally got today. I sent it to Javaphoto.com on August 19th; received it on October 8th. This is totally unacceptable under most circumstances. I will give them this, I sent a vague note with my film and money order telling them it was done under very poor lighting and to "do whatever it takes to make it turn out". When I inquired about my film on labor day weekend they replied, "Is that the film you wanted push processed? If so, that will be an additional $50" and "...we would have called you but you left no phone number". I always communicated with them via email. I asked them again about my order a few weeks ago and after my furious second email they replied. They explained that they did NOT develop the film themselves and it was being outsourced..."due to decreased worldwide demand it was taking longer and longer to for film to turnaround." (Kodak in Switzerland?) Out of their hands. However, nowhere on their website do they mention turnaround time, or what sort of charge for push processing. I have to admit that the film looks wonderful without the push process and they want two bucks extra from me next time...
    Later-Chris

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Hanthx
    Guest Hanthx's Avatar

    Talking

    Chas Baby!

    I take it to the Wal Mart located off of Rinaldi, in Porter Ranch, which is about 5 minutes away from Cal State Northridge.

    Ive never had a problem with any Wal Mart processsing my Kodachrome 40, I just make sure to not to talk to the employees.
    I always tell them its a 2 week send out, the same a slide film developing.

    Scott

    ------------------

  7. #17
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I send my film to Kodak.
    It always took 10-14 days, but this time, it took over 3 weeks!
    (K-40)

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  8. #18
    Mikko
    Guest Mikko's Avatar

    Post

    I send my K40 to Kodak Switzerland (first to Helsinki, from Helsinki it goes to Denmark and from there to Switzerland!!)
    In the past few months the turn around time has been fast - about two weeks. Few years ago the worst turn around times were 6 weeks! 4 weeks is quite normal time for K40 (from Finland)

    For b/w and Ektacromes I use now Super8 reversal lab in Holland. Turn around time is one week. I used to use Finnlab (but they send their S8 films to Berlin!) and it normaly took two weeks, but last time I used them it too almost 8 weeks!

    But the longer you wait, better your film will look.

    M

    ------------------

  9. #19
    Mr Blackstock
    Guest Mr Blackstock's Avatar

    Post

    I go to vanbar for tri-x for $21AUS, deliver by hand to filmplus, they develop for $15AUS.
    Both have great service and the developing time can be 24 hours to three days. As far as I know the only sellers and developers in Melbourne.

    ------------------

  10. #20
    Cheung
    Guest Cheung's Avatar

    Post

    Alex,
    The website of Retro Entreprises is film.club.ne.jp which is in Japanese.
    Retro entreprisesis owned by Tak Kohyama and here's his email:
    [email protected] , he speaks English.
    Their price is K-40 (3200Yen) , Ektachrome(2900 Yen) , Tri-X (2900 Yen) , Plus-X (2900 Yen), all the prices include processing cost.
    They also sell Single 8 cameras Fujika ZC-1000 (220,000Yen used , 330,000 Yen new)and single 8 raw stocks R25N and RT200N.I think they do the processing too.
    Hope this may help.

    ------------------

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •